Our aspirations are ambitious, our work is tough, and our expectations are high. We hire professionals of the highest caliber and character investing in the growth of our colleagues and of our firm.
- Ask a lot of questions
- Figure out how to fix it, not who’s to blame
- Wish for energy independence from the utility companies
- Figure out how to overcome barriers to success and win
- Prefer books to TV
- Aren’t afraid to make mistakes and learn from them
- Embrace continuous learning
- Care more about your intelligence and values than experience
- Yearn to be on the cutting edge
- Pay a $10 minimum wage
Do you want to be a member on a winning team? Are you looking for a professional challenge? Want to make a difference in a growing organization? Belong to a company dedicated to energy conservation, energy efficient technology and independent energy production? Let’s do this together!
Benefits Working Here
- Work on state-of-the-art technologies and building sciences
- Great upward mobility and career opportunities in a growing business
- Over 60 hours of paid professional training annually
- On-going professional certification and credentialing program
- Competitive wages plus commission
- Spiff programs for even more compensation
- Paid fitness membership
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Medical, dental and vision benefits available
- Employee discounts on phone service and mobile devices through Sprint
- Employee discounts on home improvement materials and equipment
Our Hiring Process
Career changes are life changing events. To help ensure a positive selection and transition both for the candidate and us, our hiring processes are unusually thorough. There are competency interviews as well as a chronological interview in which we ask questions about your entire career – successes, mistakes, boss’s appraisals, reason for leaving and more.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
A final step in the hiring process is for candidates to arrange personal reference check calls with former supervisors and others we may choose. There are three reasons for this:
- Your development. Candid insights of managers and others can be used to help you move smoothly into your next job and can help you create a powerful Personal Development Plan.
- Verification. Discussions with former managers and others will add credibility to the information you have provided throughout the hiring process.
- Ease. It’s difficult for us to get former supervisors and others to talk with us, but high performers can arrange for those personal discussions.
The benefits of our thorough hiring process to top performers who apply are many:
- You’ll join our family with almost all top performers
- Career opportunities with Home Performance Group are unusually good because so many A-players continue to grow the company
- Within a couple weeks of joining us you will receive comprehensive coaching to help you assimilate smoothly into HPG, perform very well quickly, and begin formulating your personal development plan to help you grow.