Building a home or remodeling and need a new furnace? Time to upgrade your heating system because of constant repairs? Furnace blowing cold air?
Thermostat not working? Furnace runs constantly? Home Performance Group is here to serve all your heating needs, whether you are in need of repair or looking to replace your unit. Our skilled technicians can inspect, diagnose and provide you options and recommendations.
HPG provides service, repair and installation for all brands of:
- Gas Furnaces
- Electric Air Handlers
- Air-to-Air Heat Pumps
- Ground-Source Heat Pumps
Imagine driving your car for 80,000 miles and never changing the oil, airing up the tires, or topping off the fluids. The impact would be devastating to your car’s engine and mechanical parts. Without proper maintenance, that is exactly what happens to your homes heating system.
In Kansas City, on average, we operate our furnaces for approximately 1,200 hours a year. If you drove your car for 1200 hours at an average speed of 60 miles per hour you’d travel nearly 80,000 miles. Without any maintenance, your car would breakdown if not worse.
Your furnace is the same as your car. It needs periodic maintenance to keep in running.
Today’s heating systems have parts that wear out, need cleaning and require lubrication and adjustments to run properly, safely and efficiently. Without this critical maintenance, your furnace is sure to break down and possibly risk losing your factory warranty.
The best way to keep your furnace running at peak efficiency and assure continued warranty protection is to have Home Performance Group fix the little problems before they become a big emergency. We do this by performing a semi-annual precision maintenance and professional cleaning program.
You’ll not only notice a more comfortable environment in your home, you’ll save up to 30% on your energy bills.
- Set your thermostat at your comfort level and then Forget you have one. It takes less energy to heat air 4-5 degrees than it does to heat air 8-10 degrees.
- Help your furnace to breathe easy and work effectively, clean or replace filters on furnaces at least once every three months.
- Use kitchen, bath, and other ventilating fans wisely; in just 1 hour, these fans can pull out a houseful of warmed or cooled air. Turn fans off as soon as they have done the job.
- Keep draperies and shades open on south-facing windows during the heating season to allow sunlight to enter your home; close them at night to reduce the chill you may feel from cold windows.
- Select energy-efficient equipment when you buy new heating equipment. Your contractor should be able to give you energy fact sheets for different types, models, and designs to help you compare energy usage.
Since inception HPG has designed, engineered, installed, and maintained high-performance geothermal heating and cooling systems, radiant heated floors, custom ultra-high-end epoxy floor systems, solar arrays, and spray foam insulation for low energy or net-zero homes and buildings. While HPG specializes in outfitting residential homes, we also service commercial buildings. Contact us today to help increase your comfort, reduce your utilities, or lower your environmental footprint.