What Kind of People are Attracted to Home Performance Group?
- Individuals wanting a meaningful profession with an aim of serving others
- Professionals needing a stable, year-round career, with a work life balance
- Tradesman seeking career advancement based on performance not just time
- Person yearning to be part of a team that is constantly learning
If you are one of these people, we might be what you are looking for!
What We Require in Candidates
- A service to people attitude, both toward our clients and teammates.
- Possess genuine respect for the trades and pursues work in a way that matters, not just a paycheck
- Candidates that are coachable professionals that invite constructive criticism to learn, while maintaining a positive attitude toward achievable goals
- Always demonstrate respect and courtesy towards clients and teammates, both in behavior and word.
- Demonstrates professional versatility
- Exhibits perseverance by continuously looking for ways to overcome challenges and get better
If this sounds like you, Home Performance Group may be a good fit for you!
What We Offer to Candidates
- An organization led by combat veterans who nurture a positive, inclusive culture, with high morals and ethics. We are open, honest, and transparent.
- Diverse and dynamic work environment offering various types of daily work and new challenges.
- A sustainable and secure career with steady work year-round even during seasonal slow periods.
- Opportunities for swift upward career advancement based on performance, not time or other arbitrary criteria.
- Career development training. Our staff received more than 120 hours of annual above-industry-standard continuing education per year across all trades.
- Cross-training in multiple fields. Each staff member works in a respective area of expertise and learns one to two additional trades.
- A learning organization, humble enough to acknowledge we are not perfect, but open enough to overcome obstacles and challenges.
Benefits of Working at Home Performance Group
- 5-Year Apprenticeship Program – Learn the trades while working and avoid tuition costs and the burden of student loan debt.
- All staff members receive comprehensive on-boarding ensuring individuals success. Our initial orientation and training is 2-5 days long, followed with 2-6 weeks of on-the-job training and mentorship, culminating with on-going technical assistance.
- Performance-based hourly wage rate based on job scorecard achievement
- Opportunities for on-going performance-based bonuses
- Company provided insurance benefits:
- Medical insurance with prescription drug coverage
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Four-day flexible work week available during off-season
- Flexible work schedule with appropriate notice
- We do not work weekends to ensure uninterrupted quality downtime
- We do not work on-call to protect employee’s nights and time off
- We do not work holidays to allow employees time with their loved ones
- Company paid holidays
- Company paid uniforms ($750 annual value)
- Company provided tool kit ($18,000 value)
- Company provided work vehicle ($42,000 value)
Our Hiring Process
Career changes are life changing events. To help ensure a good hire, and positive transition, both for the candidate and us, our hiring processes are unusually thorough. There are competency interviews as well as a chronological interview in which we ask questions about your entire career – successes, mistakes, boss’s appraisals, reason for leaving and more.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
A final step in the hiring process is for candidates to arrange personal reference check calls with former supervisors and others we may choose. There are three reasons for this:
- Your development. Candid insights of managers and others can be used to help you move smoothly into your next job and can help you create a powerful Personal Development Plan.
- Verification. Discussions with former managers and others will add credibility to the information you have provided throughout the hiring process.
- Ease. It’s difficult for us to get former supervisors and others to talk with us, but high performers can arrange for those personal discussions.
The benefits of our thorough hiring process to top performers who apply are many:
- You’ll join our family with almost all top performers
- Career opportunities with Home Performance Group are unusually good because so many A-players continue to grow the company
- Within a couple weeks of joining us you will receive comprehensive coaching to help you assimilate smoothly into HPG, perform very well quickly, and begin formulating your personal development plan to help you grow.
Featured Service Areas:
North Kansas City