Air Conditioning Repair & Replacement
Experienced an air conditioner or heat pump break down? Need air conditioner repairs or service for your home cooling system? Suffering from high summer electric utility bills?
Home Performance Group LLC is an established, local, veteran led mechanical firm skilled in all air conditioning technologies, offering cooling system repairs, service and maintenance services. Our team possesses the expert knowledge and real-world experience to correctly diagnose, properly repair, and skillfully maintain all types and brands of home air conditioning systems. If you have experienced a break down and air conditioner repairs, contact our service team today.
Click below to explore other cooling services we offer:
Home Performance Group LLC delivers quality repairs for all cooling systems:
- Air conditioner service and repair
- Air-source heat pump (ASHP) service and repair
- Ground-source heat pump (GSHP) service and repair
- Duct-less mini split heat pump service and repair
- Radiant chilled ceiling repair
- Cooling equipment safety inspections
- Cooling system preventive maintenance
- Air Conditioner Restoration and tune-up
Air Conditioner Replacement or Upgrade Considerations:
- Air conditioner is more than 10 years old – (with proper maintenance – expected life cycle is 12 to 15 years)
- System is outside of original manufacturers parts warranty – (cost of repair reverts to the homeowner)
- Unit requires a major component repair – (compressor, condenser coil, control board, fan motor, evaporator)
- System suffered two or more repairs over the previous 3-years – (may be early indication of future problems)
- Repair estimate exceeds $1,000 or more than 30-percent of a new replacement air-conditioner
- Unit experienced an electrical surge resulting in significant damage to wiring or electronics
- Air conditioner has suffered catastrophic flood or fire damage
- Testing indicates significant refrigerant leakage
Home Cooling – Did You Know
Today, nearly all air conditioning equipment sold comes with a standard manufacturer parts and equipment warranty. Manufacturer warranties range in length from 5 to 12 years depending on the brand. Most brands offer an industry standard 5-year warranty, with longer durations available upon either registration or upgrade. What most buyers do not know, are equipment warranties provide coverage for parts and materials only, leaving customers with a substantial coverage gap for service calls, diagnostic charges, and labor for repairs. Additionally, nearly all equipment warranties void coverage due to a lack of maintenance, abuse, or improper operation by the owner, faulty installation, misapplication, or unauthorized alterations by the contractor. Normal wear, power quality issues or electrical surges, and other acts of God are generally excluded from manufacturer’s coverages. Another critical factor with equipment warranties is professional installation. All three major air conditioning manufacturers, Carrier, Lennox, and Trane, require equipment installation by licensed contractors. Therefore, installation by DIYers, handyman, or other unlicensed installers, will void manufacturer warranties leaving homeowners with no coverage in the event of a normally covered repair.
The value of regular preventive maintenance for an air conditioner or heat pump cannot be over stated. All mechanical equipment requires regular checks, adjustments, and cleaning. Original equipment manufacturers (OEM) warranties require preventive maintenance to maintain integrity of the equipment and parts warranty. Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) Standard 4 is the benchmark for routine residential care and minimum level of maintenance of cooling equipment. The standard provides specific tasks to ensure prolonged equipment life, healthy operation, and maximum efficiency. Regular preventive maintenance often finds high wear items before they fail, empowering clients with the option to proactively replace components, preventing break downs during the heat of summer.
LEARN MORE, CLICK BELOW on our published articles on home cooling and technologies:
Our team’s priority is to swiftly restore cooling and home conditioning for our clients. We receive more than 40 hours per year of above-industry-standard mechanical training in cooling system diagnosis, sequence of operation, component testing, and repair. Finally, our team maintains a Master Mechanical license offering our clients confidence in our work and peace of mind in our repairs.
Our team’s research competences, coupled with the depth of our industry partnerships, often enable us to successfully cross reference and procure difficult out of manufacture components. When possible, we recommend choice non-OEM repair parts supplied by leading industry manufacturers with a track record for product excellence. We choose repair parts that demonstrate enhanced reliability and safety.
Our skilled team possesses superior knowledge in various home cooling systems, and the diagnostic talents to ensure our repair work provides a safe solution. Additionally, we provide clients various options to address immediate repair needs, as well as recommend proactive maintenance or system replacement alternatives. With careful product selection, our solutions deliver reliable cooling solutions.