Mini-Split Installation and Replacement
Looking for a small capacity heating and cooling system for a low load home or detached building? Need Looking for supplemental conditioning during gatherings, holidays, and events? Interested in heating and cooling a garage? Exploring the benefits of ductless heat pumps?
Home Performance Group LLC is a local, veteran owned mechanical firm skilled in heat pump technologies, offering ductless mini-split installation, repair, and maintenance services. Our team possesses the technical training and hands on experience to correctly size, specify, and commission all types and brands of mini-split heat pumps. To explore ductless mini-split heat pump options or heating and cooling loads, Contact our solutions advisor today.
Click below to explore other heating services we offer:
Home Performance Group LLC delivers professional installation for all heating systems:
- Gas furnace installation, replacement and upgrades
- Electric air-handler installation, replacement and upgrades
- Air-source heat pump (ASHP) installation, replacement and upgrades
- Ground-source heat pump (GSHP) installation, replacement and upgrades
- Duct-less mini split heat pump installation, replacement and upgrades
- Gas boiler installation, replacement and upgrades
- Gas combi-boiler installation, replacement and upgrades
- Radiant heated floor installation
- Heating equipment safety inspections
- Heating system preventive maintenance
- Gas combustion analysis and tune-up
Key Benefits of Ductless Mini-Split Heat Pump Installation or Upgrade:
- Design flexibility afforded by small indoor heads, fractional ton capacities, and ductless air distribution
- Improved comfort through room specific zoning – minimizing hot and cold rooms
- No wasted energy through ductwork losses – leaky or uninsulated ducts
- Very quiet operation owing to rotary compressors and ECM fans – (as low as 27 decibels)
- Completely eliminate gas bills for heating with super-efficient all electric heat pump system
- Safer operation by eliminating carbon monoxide byproducts and risk associated with burning gas
- Cleaner indoor air by eliminating air movement through ductwork that collects allergens and dust
- Ultra-low operating cost from high Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) – (up to 3x better than federal minimums)
- Heat pump technologies are vital to United States electrification efforts off fossil fuels
- Environmentally responsible and lower carbon footprint afforded by reduced size, and incredible efficiency
Mini-Split Heat Pump – Did you Know
The key advantages of mini-split heat pump systems are smaller capacities as compared to conventional air-conditioners, and ductless air distribution. Taken together, these attributes make mini-split systems ideal for zoning applications, supplemental heating or cooling, or whole home conditioning in ultra-high performance low load homes.
Traditionally, air-conditioner and furnace capacity limits are 2 to 5 tons or 24,000 to 60,000 BTUs, although gas furnaces possess much high upper BTU limits through combustion heating. As new building materials, techniques, and building science are integrated into structures, higher levels of insulation and air-tightness are achieved, leading to reduced home heating and cooling loads. As a result, low, and lower, load homes are becoming more frequent and require smaller heating and cooling equipment. Most brands of ductless mini-split heat pumps now offer capacities as small as ½ a ton, or 6,000 BTUs, of heating and cooling. This fractional capacity allows mini-splits to properly meet new lower load requirements. Additionally, fractional capacities less than two tons allows mini-splits to serve as supplemental space conditioning common with large gatherings that require heating or cooling above design parameters. Finally, smaller capacity mini-splits can be used for zoning applications, by installing small indoor heads by room controlled individually by independent thermostats while connected to a single outdoor unit.
National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) in conjunction with the United States Department of Energy (DOE) published research on ductworks impact on residential heating and cooling system performance. Typical ducted systems lose as much as 40% of the heating or cooling produced, through air leakage, and conduction. Losses are particularly high when ductwork is routed in attics, and crawlspaces. Ductless mini-split heat pumps do not suffer such losses as air distribution occurs at the point of use through heads placed in specific rooms or open locations. Air is not moved through large, commonly uninsulated and leaky, metal ductwork.
The Inflation Reduction Act (IRA), offers up to $2,000 in federal tax credits with the installation of a high-efficient heat pump, to include ductless mini-split systems.
LEARN MORE, CLICK BELOW on our published articles on cutting-edge heat pumps:
Our team embraces innovative technologies, and leverages their advanced heat pump training and expertise in quality standards to deliver installations incorporating industry best practices. We receive more than 40 hours a year of above-industry-standard mechanical training including heat mini-split sizing, installation, and commissioning. Finally, our team maintains a Master Mechanical license offering our clients confidence in our work and peace of mind in our installations.
When selecting ductless mini-split heat pumps, the products we choose must have a history of reliability, performance in cold climates, and a track record for delivering year-round comfort. We continuously assess the performance of our product mix while exploring emerging technologies. Our supply chain partners lead their respective industries in manufacturing excellence, heat pump product development, and innovations in efficiency, such as Carrier. When possible, we buy American made products.
Because of our commitment to ongoing technical training, our team possesses unrivaled knowledge in mini-split heat pumps ensuring we meet the highest industry standard for quality installation. Coupled with careful product selection, our ductless mini-split heat pumps delivering a quiet, reliable, energy saving solution, that achieve all client goals.