PV Solar Panel and Battery Installation and Replacements
Contemplating installing solar panels at your home? Want to charge your electric vehicle for free with solar? Worried about future electric rates and the impact of inflation on affordability? Like the idea of eliminating your electric bill for good?
Home Performance Group LLC is an established, local, veteran led electrical contracting firm delivering high-performing PV solar systems. We provide solar panel and battery installation and replacements, and supporting electrical infrastructure modifications. Our team can help you achieve any project goal, such as a partial electrical offset, annualized net zero, or total zero effectively eliminating your electric bill. Contact our solutions advisor today.
For the quickest service give us a call:
Click below to explore other electrical services we offer:
Home Performance Group LLC delivers PV solar systems and battery back-up installations:
- Electrical load calculations
- Electrical service installation and upgrades
- Electrical panel installation and upgrades
- Electrical sub-panel installation and replacements
- Whole home surge protection installation and replacements
- Arc-fault circuit interrupter (AFCI) installation and replacements
- Ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) installation and replacements
- Electric vehicle (EV) charging station installations and upgrades
- Photovoltaic (PV) solar systems installation and replacements
- Service wiring installation, replacements, and upgrades
- Feeder circuit wiring installation, replacements, and upgrades
- Branch circuit wiring installation, replacements, and upgrades
- HVAC control wiring installation, replacements, and upgrades
- Computer and television cabling installation and replacements
- Telephone and data cabling installation and replacements
- Doorbell wiring installation and replacements
- Lighting Fixtures installation and replacements
- Electrical repairs installation and replacements
- Electrical inspections installation and replacements
Key Benefits of a Private Solar System at Home:
- Future-proof homes with a private power plant, affording clients control over electricity production
- Achieve net-zero electricity cost, by producing all home electricity requirements independently
- Accelerate mortgage pay-off by reinvesting monthly utility savings into additional principal loan payments
- Utility integration through net-metering allows homes to stay connected to the electric grid
- Integrate with a ground-source heat pump system to power all your heating, cooling and hot water needs
- Charge electric vehicles at home for free, eliminating all fuel costs for transportation
- Long-term reliable energy production with few components and no moving parts to fail
- Battery back-up to critical loads delivers more hours of safe indoor temperatures during power outages
- Emergency back-up electricity delivered through solar systems and batteries are quieter than generators
- Receive a federal tax credit for the entire cost of installation on solar systems including battery back-up
- Peace of mind with 25-year product warranties, and power product guarantees
- Flexible design options allowing for either roof or ground mount configurations
- Distributed power generation contributes to utility grid resilience and peak load shifting
PV Solar Systems – Did you Know
Photovoltaic (PV) technology, conversion of sunlight into electricity, was first developed by Bell laboratories in 1954. Since then, emerging technologies continue to increase panel power output, and maximize system harvesting. Two of the biggest improvements are in silicon panel chemistries, and module-level power electronics (MLPE) such as power optimizers and micro-inverters. More importantly, the cost per kW of installed solar, has steadily fallen since 2010, strengthening the financial justification for residential solar projects.
At the same time, utility rates both for electricity and gas continue to climb, experiencing at times, dramatic price volatility. The United State Energy Information Agency (EIA) found residential electricity rates in 2022 alone, increased by a historic 7.5% year over year, with future projections forecasting annual rate increases to out-pace inflation. To further compound the problem, National Renewables Energy Laboratory (NREL) projects electricity demand to explode over the coming decades due to electrification of transportation, and home heating and hot water production. Analyzing the impact electrification has had to electricity rates in Europe in previous 20 years, many researchers anticipate U.S. utility rates will follow a similar pattern. Clearly, an antiquated electric grid requiring trillions of dollars in modernization, coupled simultaneously with rapidly increasing demand for electricity, will drive consumer electric rates much higher. As solar costs continue to fall the financial justification for residential solar only gets stronger.
Another unintended consequence of electrification is increased prevalence of power outages. Many power outages are attributed to mismatches in electric demand versus production. This is particular acute with renewable energy sources, such as solar and wind, which only produce power intermittently. Base power loads are minimum power supplied to the grid continuously. Exacerbating demand and production mismatches are peak load times, and the potential shifting of peak loads due to electrification. Already the United States has more power outages than any other developed nation. Stories of California utilities asking homeowners, on extremely hot days, to turn thermostats up to nearly 80 degrees, and defer charging electric vehicles are examples of increasing demand and peak load mismatches that are expected to get worse. A residential PV solar system augmented with battery storage can provide both fixed cost power production and independent supply during power outages.
The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022, Residential Clean Energy Credit, offers a 30% federal tax credit for the entire cost to install photovoltaic (PV) solar systems until 31 December 2032. This credit is only available to homeowners who purchase a solar system, leased systems are not eligible. Unlike previous incentives, this federal tax credit does not have a maximum dollar limit, and homeowners may carry forward any remaining tax credit into future tax years.
LEARN MORE, CLICK BELOW on our published articles on solar and emerging technologies:
For the quickest service give us a call:
Our team embraces electric technologies that provide clients independence from utilities and price volatility. We are prepared for the future through above-industry-standard training and real-world experience in photovoltaic solar systems, electric vehicle chargers, and other pioneering technologies. Our team maintains a Master Electrical License as well as advanced credentials from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP).
The solar equipment we choose, delivers best-in-class power harvesting, and feature rich technology, providing clients reliable operation and intuitive energy monitoring. Our supply chain partners lead their respective markets in electrical product innovation and maintain proven reputation for manufacturing quality, such as Sol-Ark, Astroenergy, and Fortress Power. When possible, we buy American made products.
Our ever-growing base of experience allows our technicians to accurately conduct electrical load calculations, properly size conductors and circuits, and expertly assemble solar systems. Additionally, the advanced training our team received enables us to integrate electric vehicle charging, and other energy conservations measures in order to reduce and right size our solar solutions, saving clients thousands of dollars. Finally, our technology partners deliver reliable equipment with industry leading warranties offering our clients maximum energy production and long-term peace of mind.
Featured Service Areas:
North Kansas City