Radiant Floor Heating Installation and Replacement
Investing in a new home and want in-floor heating? Looking to increase the heating efficiency of a ground-source heat pump or gas boiler? Want to improve occupant health by minimizing the spread of air contaminants? Realize the comfort and efficiency benefits of hydronic radiant floor heating systems!
Home Performance Group LLC is a veteran owned, local, mechanical firm skilled in all heating technologies, offering advanced heating system installation, repair, and maintenance services. Our team has the hydronic knowledge and hands-on experience to properly design, correctly size, and skillfully install all types and forms of radiant heating technologies. To explore the exceptional value, and comfort of radiant floor heating options, Contact our solutions advisor today.
For the quickest service give us a call:
Click below to explore other Heating services we offer:
Home Performance Group LLC delivers best-in-class radiant heated floor, walls and ceilings:
- Gas furnace installation, replacement and upgrades
- Electric air-handler installation, replacement and upgrades
- Air-source heat pump (ASHP) installation, replacement and upgrades
- Ground-source heat pump (GSHP) installation, replacement and upgrades
- Duct-less mini split heat pump installation, replacement and upgrades
- Gas boiler installation, replacement and upgrades
- Gas combi-boiler installation, replacement and upgrades
- Radiant heated floor installation
- Heating equipment safety inspections
- Heating system preventive maintenance
- Gas combustion analysis and tune-up
Foremost Benefits of Heated Floor Installation or Upgrades:
- Exceeds winter comfort expectations in every way – (especially in homes with wood, stone, and tile floors)
- Minimizes temperature differences and hot and cold spots – (Evenly distributes heat throughout the home)
- Safer operation – (improves indoor air quality and occupant health by not spreading harmful air pollutants)
- Quieter home environment by operating virtually silent – (no fan motor moving heated air through ductwork)
- Flexible design options – (radiant heating systems can be designed and installed in floors, walls, and ceilings)
- Tubing is concealed behind surfaces – (never detracts home décor or interferes with furniture placement)
- Compatible with various heat sources – (water-to-water geothermal heat pumps preferred, or gas boilers)
- Radiant heating systems are a proven technology – (been successfully used for more than 100 years)
- Cheaper method of heat distribution – (heat capacity of water is 3,500 times more than air)
- Significant electricity savings – (hydronic circulator pumps can be 90% more energy efficient than fan motors)
- Reduced utility bills owing to combined energy savings of highly efficient heat source and hydronic distribution
- All electric homes receive preferential rates and special winter pricing – (available by most electric utilities)
Hydronic Heating Systems – Did you Know
According to the University of Wisconsin, heat moves from warmer objects to cooler objects, in one of three ways, conduction, convection, and radiation. These tenants of physics apply to how heating and cooling systems work. Conduction occurs normally through solids, when heat moves from one object to another by direct contact. A common example of conduction is placing a solid pan on a heated stove surface, heat transfer from the cooktop to the pan through direct contact. Convective heat transfer happens through fluids, either liquid or gases. As heated air or water travel from one location to another heat is transferred from the warmer fluid to the cooler surroundings. Convection is the primary means of conventional heating and cooling systems. Finally, radiation occurs by electromagnetic waves, but unlike convection and conduction, does not require any material to transfer heat from one location or another. The most recognizable example is the heat felt when standing directly in the sun. Traditional gas furnaces, air-conditioners, and even heat pumps use only one form of heat transfer, convection. Hydronic heating systems, such as heated floors, use all three forms of heat transfer leading to significant improvements in heat transfer, achieve much higher energy efficiencies, and deliver superior comfort. The United State Department of Energy (DOE) finds hydronic floor systems are the most cost-effective radiant heating system for cold climates.
Temperature stratification is a common comfort problem associated with traditional gas furnaces, air-handlers, and packaged heat pumps. Stratification occurs in air through a convective process, where colder air tends to fall to the floor and warmer air rises to the ceiling creating a noticeable temperature difference in a room. Because radiant heat systems use all three heat transfer mechanisms, air stratification is negligible and in nearly all cases imperceivable to an occupant, delivering superior comfort. Additionally, homes with hard surfaces such as hardwood, tile, and stone, provide a conductive media transferring warmth to the feet creating a cozy feeling.
Research presented in the Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments Journal revealed radiant heating systems positively contribute to improved indoor air quality through better temperature and humidity control. Temperature improvements are likely attributed to reduced air temperature stratification as well as more even heat distribution throughout each space. Numerous studies have demonstrated the health connection of temperature and humidity to the growth and propagation of mold, mildew, mites, viruses and other disease-causing pathogens. Radiant heating systems offer better control of both temperature and humidity improving the health of indoor living environments.
LEARN MORE, CLICK BELOW on our published articles on home heating and technologies:
For the quickest service give us a call:
Our team embraces innovative hydronic technologies, with the aim of delivering our clients unmatched thermal comfort. Leveraging our practical installation experience, we carefully design in-floor heating systems to match the unique load requirements of each home. Our team receives more than 40 hours per year of above-industry-standard mechanical training to ensure we remain on the cutting edge. Finally, our team maintains a Master Mechanical license offering our clients confidence in our work, and peace of mind in our installations.
We continuously explore emerging hydronic technologies, and regularly reassess the performance of our existing product selections. All products we choose are expected to deliver high thermal performance, long-term service and peace of mind for our clients. Our supply chain partners lead their respective industries in new market innovations and manufacturing excellence, such as Warm Board, Uponor, and Tekmar. When possible, we buy American made products.
The unique combination of our talented team, and superior heating products, enables us to deliver reliable, high performing heated floor solutions for our clients. With our depth of knowledge in hydronics, we can provide clients various options including in-wall, or ceiling heat applications, as well as heated concrete solutions for basements. With discreet product selection our solutions deliver durable, energy efficient and sustainable systems.
Featured Service Areas:
North Kansas City