Snow and Ice Melt Systems
Investing in a new driveway, porch, or sidewalk? Concerned salt or other ice melting chemicals could damage your concrete? Worried about personal injuries or potential harm to an elder relative? Don’t want the hassle of digging out after every winter storm? Realize the benefits of an automatic snow and ice melt system!
Home Performance Group LLC is a veteran led, local, mechanical and plumbing contractor delivering high performance automatic snow and ice melt systems! Our efficient systems can be integrated, prior to concrete placement, into new driveways, porches, wheel chair ramps, sidewalks, and parking areas. Our experienced team has completed several residential snow melting systems. Contact our solutions advisor today!
For the quickest service give us a call:
Click below to explore other building services we offer:
Home Performance Group LLC delivers safe and effective snow and ice melt systems for:
- Parking Lots
- Garage Floors
- Exterior steps
- Wheel chair ramps
- Pool Decks
Snow Melt Systems – Did you know
A study published in the American Journal of Emergency Medicine found there are, on average, more than 11,500 snow shovel-related injuries and medical emergencies every year. Installing a snow and ice melt (SIM) system can eliminate the need to shovel snow and ice and prevent personal injury. SIM systems are incredibly versatile and can be installed as a stand-alone system or fully integrated as a small sub-assembly into the hydronic space heating system in a home. Like indoor radiant heated floors, snow and ice melt systems are a proven technology with wide adoption in commercial and industrial applications such as emergency room entrances, helicopter pads, toll plazas, and ski resorts. Common residential applications include, driveways, parking areas, sidewalks, porches, and wheel chair ramps.
Snow and ice melt systems are concealed beneath the walking or driving surface. The system automatically activates in response to both a temperature drop and presence of moisture, delivering service only when conditions necessitate. This makes a SIM system exceptionally efficient.
Key Benefits of Snow and Ice Melt Systems
- Provides a safer walking surface reducing the likelihood of injuries from slips and falls, particularly for the elderly
- Protects occupants and loved ones from winter injuries from shoveling, or aggravating a medical condition
- Provides essential workers and emergency responders, ability to get to work under any winter conditions
- Automatic and unattended snow and ice melt removal eliminates cost of hiring a plow or manual labor
- Protects concrete from premature failure caused by cracking or spalling due to freeze thaw cycles
- Enhanced convenience of automatic melting, no delays or waiting after a storm to dig out
- Reduction in liability and insurance claims from accidents or injuries
- Maximizes parking and walking space by not creating snow banks and piles
- Protects architecture or stamped concrete from damage caused by plows
- Prevents landscape poisoning caused by salt or chemical use
- Hidden components and system preserve surface aesthetics, no one knows it is there
- No messy spring cleanup from sand or salt
- Minimizes vehicular accidents by safely and automatically removing ice
LEARN MORE, CLICK BELOW on our published articles on SIM systems:
For the quickest service give us a call:
Our advanced systems team possess unique design and installation experience, having completed integrated residential snow and ice melt systems. Our residential SIM projects are led by a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with hydronics expertise in BTU calculations, tube layout and spacing, pump sizing, heat source selection, and electronic controllers.
Our PMP continuously explores emerging technologies, and regularly assesses the performance of our existing product selections for long-term durability and overall performance. All products we choose are expected to provide long service lives delivering convenience and peace of mind to our clients. Our supply chain partners lead their respective industries in new market innovations and manufacturing excellence, such as Triangle Tube, Uponor, and Tekmar. When possible, we buy American made products.
The combination of expert hydronic design, skilled installation of superior products delivers our clients reliable, low maintenance, automatic snow and ice melt systems. Additionally, the breadth of our service offering provides clients a single point of contact for all project planning, coordination, and installation, or alternatively, our team can synchronize with other contractors to ensure a seamless installation.
Featured Service Areas:
North Kansas City