Ground-Source Heat Pump Installation and Replacement
Want to eliminate gas heating and go all electric? Looking for improved comfort, quieter operation, and the lowest electric bill possible? Exploring the benefits of ultra-efficient geothermal heat pumps? Need to replace an old gas boiler, but need a heat source for radiant heated floors or panels?
Home Performance Group LLC is a veteran led, local mechanical firm skilled in advanced heat pump technologies, offering expert ground-source heat pump installations, replacements, and upgrades. Our team possesses the advanced credentials, technical expertise and real-world experience to correctly size, professionally install, properly repair, and expertly maintain all types and brands of geothermal heat pumps. To explore ground-source heat pump options and heating and cooling loads, Contact our solutions advisor today.
For the quickest service give us a call:
Click below to explore other heating services we offer:
Home Performance Group LLC delivers world class ground-source heat pump systems:
- Gas furnace installation, replacement and upgrades
- Electric air-handler installation, replacement and upgrades
- Air-source heat pump (ASHP) installation, replacement and upgrades
- Ground-source heat pump (GSHP) installation, replacement and upgrades
- Duct-less mini split heat pump installation, replacement and upgrades
- Gas boiler installation, replacement and upgrades
- Gas combi-boiler installation, replacement and upgrades
- Radiant heated floor installation
- Heating equipment safety inspections
- Heating system preventive maintenance
- Gas combustion analysis and tune-up
Key Benefits of Geothermal Heat Pump Installation or Upgrade:
- Multifunctional – can be used for space heating, and hot water production, as well as air-conditioning
- Offers a hedge from volatile conventional energy sources such as natural gas, propane, and heating oil
- Provides often fixed-price energy over the life the system due to stable ground-temperatures
- Installation cost is the same as a high-efficient furnace and air-conditioner – (with current 30% federal tax credit)
- Receive preferential electric rates and special winter pricing – (available from most electric utilities)
- Virtually all hot water is made for free, further reducing home energy use by an additional 10-15%
- Compatible with heated floors, ceilings, and radiators – (water-to-water units equipped with advanced controls)
- Very quiet operation owing to rotary compressors and ECM fans – (as low as 51 decibels)
- Ultra-low operating cost from extreme Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) – (up to 3x better than federal minimums)
- Accelerate home loan pay-off by investing utility savings into mortgage principal payments
- Completely eliminate gas bills for heating with super-efficient all electric heat pump system
- Safer operation by eliminating carbon monoxide byproducts and risk associated with burning gas
- Design flexibility afforded by multiple configurations – (water-to-water, water-to-air, direct exchange split)
- Heat pump technologies are critical to US electrification efforts away fossil fuels
- Environmentally safer due to zero emissions and a factory sealed refrigeration circuit
Geothermal Ground-Source Heat Pump – Did You Know
Ground-source heat pumps (GSHPs), commonly referred to as geothermal heat pumps are at the apex of energy efficiency, and considered a clean, mature, low risk technology delivering cost-effective heating and cooling. The United State Department of Energy (DOE) states GSHPs are a highly efficient renewable energy source that is becoming widely accepted for both homes and businesses. Geothermal systems are effectively a solar technology, transferring thermal energy from the earth that has been absorbed and stored from the suns radiant energy. Instead of producing heat by burning natural gas or propane, ground-source heat pumps concentrate naturally occurring radiant energy in the ground and transfer heat into or out of buildings as necessary. Heat transfer versus heat production is one-way geothermal heat pumps achieve such astounding reductions in energy use. The DOE finds GSHPs use 72% less energy compared to traditional air-conditioners or electric heat air handlers, and 44% less electricity compared to air-source heat pumps (ASHPs). Additionally, research published in Applied Energy, finds geothermal heat pumps have the lowest emissions when compared to any other residential heating sources, making them the most environmentally responsible heating, cooling, and hot water choice currently available.
The inflation reduction act of 2022 extended the Energy Investment Tax Credit for select home improvements. The tax credit offers a 30% federal tax credit for ground-source heat pump (GSHP) projects installed before 31 December 2032, and is reduced to 26% in 2033, and finally 22% in 2034, sunsetting afterwards. The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) finds ground-source heat pumps are a relatively inexpensive heating and cooling system. When considering the Energy Investment Tax Credit, geothermal heat pumps are already at price parity with conventional high-efficient gas furnaces and air-conditioner systems. Happily, a large portion of initial installation cost, namely the ground, or earth loop piping, are a one time cost due to heat fusion installation methods and 50-year pipe warranty. Meaning, when the geothermal heat pump unit reaches end-of-life and requires a replacement, the cost will be a fraction of the initial installation cost because the earth loops are already in place and usable.
LEARN MORE, CLICK BELOW on our published articles on ground-source heat pumps:
For the quickest service give us a call:
Our team advocates for ground-source heat pump technologies, and leverages their advanced credentials and real-world installation experience to deliver world-class heating, cooling, and hot water systems. We receive more than 40 hours per year of above-industry-standard mechanical training including geothermal heat pump sizing, installation, commissioning, and diagnostics. Finally, our team maintains a Master Mechanical license as well as Department of Natural Resource Ground-Source Heat Pump License, offering our clients confidence in our work and peace of mind in our installations.
When selecting geothermal heat pumps, we choose products offering a proven record of reliable operations, durable construction, and ultra-high efficiencies. We regularly assess the performance of our existing products while continuously exploring emerging ground-source heat pump techniques and technologies. Our supply chain partners are industry leaders in geothermal heat pump product evolution, and manufacturing excellence, such as Carrier, and Enertech. When possible, we buy American made products.
Uniting the rare skills and experience of our talented team, with cutting-edge geothermal heat pump technology, allows us to deliver heating, cooling, and hot water solutions at the apex of comfort and efficiency. Our careful product selection provides quiet, reliable, and energy saving solutions, that achieve all client goals.
Featured Service Areas:
North Kansas City