Mini-Split Installation and Replacement
Searching for a small capacity heating and cooling system for a low-load home or detached structure? Looking for supplemental conditioning during the holidays, gatherings, or family events? Interested in cooling a garage or shop? Exploring the benefits of ductless mini-split installation?
Home Performance Group LLC is a local, veteran led mechanical firm, skilled in heat pump technologies, offering ductless mini-split installation for heat pumps, repair, and maintenance services. Our team possesses the technical knowledge and real-world experience to correctly size, specify, and commission all types and brands of mini-split heat pumps. To explore ductless mini-split heat pump options or heating and cooling loads, Contact our solutions advisor today.
For the quickest service give us a call:
Click below to explore other cooling services we offer:
Home Performance Group LLC delivers professional installation for all cooling systems:
- Ductless mini-split heat pump service and repair
- Single zone ductless mini-split heat pump installation and upgrades
- Multi-zone ductless heat pump installation and upgrades
- High wall mounted mini-split head installation and replacements
- Floor mounted mini-split head installation and replacements
- One or four-way mini-split cassette installation and replacements
- Multi-position ducted mini-split air-handler installation and replacements
- Mini-split heat pump safety inspections
- Mini-split heat pump preventive maintenance
Key Benefits of Ductless Mini-Split Heat Pump Installation or Upgrade:
- Design flexibility afforded by numerous small indoor heads, fractional capacities, and ductless air distribution
- Enhanced comfort via room specific zoning – minimizing hot and cold rooms
- No wasted energy from ductwork losses – (leaky or uninsulated ducts)
- Ultra-quiet operation owing to rotary compressors and ECM fans – (as low as 27 decibels)
- Healthier indoor air by eliminating air movement through contaminated ductwork
- Super low operating cost from high Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) – (up to 3x better than federal minimums)
- Heat pump technologies are vital to national electrification efforts
- Environmentally responsible and lower carbon footprint afforded by reduced size, and incredible efficiency
Mini-Split Heat Pump – Did you Know
The key advantages of mini-split heat pump systems include smaller capacities as compared to conventional air-conditioners, and other ducted air distribution. Taken together, these attributes make mini-split systems ideal for zoning applications, supplemental heating or cooling, or whole home conditioning in ultra-high performance low load homes.
Traditionally, air-conditioner and heat pump capacities are between 2 and 5 tons or 24,000 to 60,000 BTUs. As new building materials, techniques, and science are integrated into structures, higher levels of insulation and air-tightness are achieved, leading to reduced home cooling loads. As a result, low, and lower load homes are becoming more prevalent and require smaller cooling equipment. Most brands of ductless mini-split heat pumps now offer smaller capacities as low as ½ a ton, or 6,000 BTUs. This fractional capacity allows mini-splits to meet lower load requirements more properly. Additionally, fractional capacities, less than two tons, allow mini-splits to serve as supplemental space conditioning for large gatherings that require heating or cooling above standard design parameters. Finally, smaller capacity mini-splits can be used for zoning applications by installing small indoor heads by room, controlled individually by independent thermostats while connected to a single outdoor unit.
National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), in conjunction with the United States Department of Energy (DOE), published research on the impact of ductwork on residential heating and cooling system performance. Typical ducted air-conditioning systems lose up to 40% of cooling through unsealed duct air leakage, and heat transfer from uninsulated ducts. Losses are particularly high when ductwork is routed in attics, and crawlspaces. Ductless mini-split heat pumps do not suffer such losses because air distribution occurs at the point of use through indoor heads placed in specific rooms and open locations. Air is not moved through large, commonly uninsulated and leaky, ductwork.
Finally, The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 (IRA) provides up to $2,000 in federal tax credits for the installation of high-efficient heat pumps, including ductless mini-split heat pump systems.
LEARN MORE, CLICK BELOW on our published articles on cutting-edge heat pumps:
For the quickest service give us a call:
Our team embraces pioneering technologies, and leverages advanced heat pump training, and expertise in quality standards to deliver installations incorporating industry best practices. We receive more than 40 hours per year of above-industry-standard mechanical training including heat pump mini-split sizing, installation, and commissioning. Finally, our team maintains a Master Mechanical license offering our clients confidence in our work and peace of mind in our installations.
When choosing mini-split heat pumps, the products we select must demonstrate a history of reliability, performance in hot and mixed climates, and a track record for delivering year-round comfort. We continuously assess the performance of our products while exploring emerging technologies. Our supply chain partners are leaders in their respective industries with track records of manufacturing excellence, such as Carrier. When possible, we buy American made products.
Because our commitment to ongoing technical training, our team possesses unrivaled expertise in mini-split heat pumps ensuring we meet the highest installation quality standards. Coupled with careful product selection, our ductless mini-split heat pumps deliver a quiet, reliable, energy saving solution, that achieve all client goals.
Featured Service Areas:
North Kansas City