Gas Boiler Installation and Replacement
Need to purchase a new gas boiler for home heating or hot water heating? Recently experienced unusually high gas bills and looking for a boiler that more efficiently burns propane or natural gas? Exploring the benefits of a high-efficient condensing gas boiler? Want a single heater that offers both space heating and domestic hot water?
Home Performance Group LLC is a reputable, local, veteran owned mechanical firm experienced in all heating technologies, offering gas boiler installations, repairs, and maintenance services. Our team holds the technical expertise, and real-world experience to accurately size and install, correctly diagnose, properly repair, and expertly maintain all types and brands gas boilers. To explore gas boiler options for home heating and hot water, Contact our solutions advisor today.
For the quickest service give us a call:
Click below to explore other heating services we offer:
Home Performance Group LLC delivers quality gas boiler installations:
- Gas furnace installation, replacement and upgrades
- Electric air-handler installation, replacement and upgrades
- Air-source heat pump (ASHP) installation, replacement and upgrades
- Ground-source heat pump (GSHP) installation, replacement and upgrades
- Duct-less mini split heat pump installation, replacement and upgrades
- Gas boiler installation, replacement and upgrades
- Gas combi-boiler installation, replacement and upgrades
- Radiant heated floor installation
- Heating equipment safety inspections
- Heating system preventive maintenance
- Gas combustion analysis and tune-up
Key Benefits of Gas Boiler Replacement or Upgrades:
- Gas boilers are a mature technology – (successfully used in home heating for more than 130 years)
- New gas boiler with professional installation eliminates inconvenient breakdowns and costly service calls
- Safer operation with sealed combustion chamber in high-efficient direct vent gas boilers
- Improved comfort and quieter operation from multi-stage gas valves, and variable speed pumps
- Versatile heating options – (can produce both space heating and domestic hot water)
- Deliver heated water to exterior driveway for snow and ice melt systems
- Integration with interior in-floor hydronic heating system
- Reduced gas bills from high AFUE and multi-stage systems
- Decreased electricity bills when paired with hydronic heating – (pumps can use 90% less power than fan motors)
- New warranty period offers peace of mind from parts repair costs – (usually 5 to 12 years)
- All-inclusive warranty options deliver preventive maintenance and labor coverage for repairs – (3 to 10 years)
- Equipment life expectancies up to 20 years with regular preventive maintenance
- Reduced risk of electrical surges and power quality issues with a quality surge protection device
Gas Boilers – Did you Know
Research through the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) found the largest energy consumer in most homes is space conditioning, particularly home heating. Nearly 12% of U.S. space heating, and hot water production is produced with gas burning boilers. Beginning in 2007, Congress passed the Energy Independence and Security Act (EISA) which established minimum energy standards for gas boilers, measured as Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). AFUE describes how much purchased fuel, is used to heat a home or produce hot water, and how much is wasted and vented up the chimney. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) requires certain appliance manufacturers to display annual fuel cost and efficiency ratings on yellow energy guide labels found on each piece of equipment. Labeling empowers consumers to compare products based on operating costs, and ensures buyers know what they are purchasing.
Older hot water gas boilers operate between 56 to 78% AFUE resulting very low efficiency and large amounts of wasted fuel, as much as 44 cents of every dollar is lost. According to the Appliance Standards Awareness Project (ASAP), in 2016, the United States Department of Energy (DOE) raised the federal minimum efficiency standards for new gas boilers to 84% AFUE. The new standards went into effect beginning 2021. Today, most manufacturers offer high-efficient options, with condensing boilers achieving fuel efficiency rates as high as 98% AFUE. High-efficient gas boilers convert nearly all-natural gas or propane into space or water heating, resulting in only one to two percent being wasted. Research by Brookhaven National Laboratory finds a total annual energy reduction of up to 25% may be realized by replacing an older gas boiler with a high-efficient condensing unit operating with low load and idle energy losses.
Most heat pump systems can produce hot water up to 120oF, and are considered low-temperature heat sources. In comparison, high AFUE gas boilers are capable of producing water between 160 to 180oF, simply not achievable with electric heat pump technology. This unique capability makes high-efficient condensing boilers a perfect marriage with hydronic technologies. Large interior floor heating, or exterior driveway snow and ice melt projects requiring water temperatures between 130 to 150oF, are ideal for gas boiler integration.
Combination boilers, combi, can produce both space heating and domestic hot water (DHW) in a single unit. By combining both heating functions into a single unit, total cost of ownership is reduced. Initial installation cost is less because one unit replaces two individual pieces of equipment, each with gas or electrical supplies, venting, and plumbing requirements. Additionally, ongoing operating costs are lower with one-unit consuming gas versus two separate systems each with varying level of performance and run-time. Savings are even more pronounced when replacing a conventional 78% AFUE mid-efficiency boiler and standard gas water heater, with a high-efficient condensing combination boiler.
LEARN MORE, CLICK BELOW on our published articles on gas heating technologies:
For the quickest service give us a call:
Our team’s priority is to deliver safe and reliable gas boiler systems. We advocate for load matched, high performance equipment, and support emerging boiler technologies. We receive more than 40 hours per year of above-industry-standard mechanical training including gas boiler installation, commissioning, and diagnostics. Finally, our team maintains a Master Mechanical license offering our clients confidence in our work and peace of mind in our installations.
When selecting gas boilers, the products we choose have a history of long-term trouble-free operation, and a proven track record for delivering year-round comfort. We regularly assess the performance of our boiler products while continuously exploring emerging boiler technologies. Our supply chain partners are industry leaders in manufacturing excellence, boiler product development, and innovations in efficiency, such as Carrier and Triangle Tube. When possible, we buy American made products.
Our skilled team possesses unparalleled knowledge of combustion, venting, electrical, and code requirements ensuring our gas boiler installation and upgrades provide client safety, and long-term comfort. Continuous training, particularly in high-efficient boiler technologies afford us the opportunity to integrate new services and features into our solutions. Coupled with careful product selection our solutions deliver durable, reliable and future-proofed heating systems.
Featured Service Areas:
North Kansas City