Electric Vehicle / EV Charging Station Installation and Replacements
Contemplating buying an electric car? Need an EV charging station installed? Want to upgrade to a new fast level two electric vehicle charger? Require an electrical service or main panel upgrade to support a level 2 EV charging station? Need a new electrical branch circuit to support electric vehicle charging?
Home Performance Group LLC is a veteran owned, local, electrical contracting firm in Kearney, MO and the surrounding Kansas City Northland areas delivering high-performing electric vehicle charging solutions. We provide new installations, and supporting electrical infrastructure modifications. Our team regularly installs electric vehicle charging station packages from all manufacturers, and are an authorized Tesla installer, see the Tesla “Find an Electrician” locator. Contact our solutions advisor today.
Click below to explore other electrical services we offer:
Home Performance Group LLC delivers Level II Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Station Installs:
- Electrical load calculations
- Electrical service installation and upgrades
- Electrical panel installation and upgrades
- Electrical sub-panel installation and replacements
- Whole home surge protection installation and replacements
- Arc-fault circuit interrupter (AFCI) installation and replacements
- Ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) installation and replacements
- Electric vehicle (EV) charging station installations and upgrades
- Photovoltaic (PV) solar systems installation and replacements
- Service wiring installation, replacements, and upgrades
- Feeder circuit wiring installation, replacements, and upgrades
- Branch circuit wiring installation, replacements, and upgrades
- HVAC control wiring installation, replacements, and upgrades
- Computer and television cabling installation and replacements
- Telephone and data cabling installation and replacements
- Doorbell wiring installation and replacements
- Lighting Fixtures installation and replacements
- Electrical repairs installation and replacements
- Electrical inspections installation and replacements
Key Benefits of a Fast Level 2 EV Charging Station at Home:
- Future-proof your home with enhanced electrical infrastructure and vehicle charging capability
- Quicker vehicle charging, up to 7 times faster than standard level one EV chargers
- Convenience of rapid in-home vehicle charging versus waiting at a public charger
- Receive up to $1,000 in federal tax credits when installing an in-home level two EV charging station
- Eliminate the entire cost of vehicle charging and transportation when adding an in-home PV solar system
- Built-in electrical fault protection with certain manufacturer’s equipment
EV Charging Stations – Did you Know
All new electric vehicles provide a standard level one charging cord. The drawback to basic units is the long charging times, generally overnight, requiring 10 to 12 hours. For people who require frequent fast charges, or in the event of an emergency, level two EV charging stations may be the best option. Depending on the existing electrical wiring and infrastructure in a home, or garage, a new electrical branch circuit may be required. The National Electric Code (NEC) governs the sizing, installation, and protection of electrical circuits suppling vehicle charging stations.
The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022, under Alternative Fuel Refueling Property Credit, extended the federal tax credit for the installation of level two electric vehicle chargers until 31 December 2032. For the purposes of this federal tax incentive, the IRS considers electricity as an alternative fuel. Therefore, EV chargers, if installed in a home, qualify for a 30% credit not to exceed $1,000. See IRS form 8911 rev. January 2022.
LEARN MORE, CLICK BELOW on our published articles on Level 2 EV Charging Stations:
Our team embraces emerging technologies and recognizes the growing trend toward transportation electrification. We are prepared for the future with cutting-edge training and practical experience in photovoltaic solar systems, and electric vehicle changing stations. Our technicians met the highest industry standards for EV charger installations, set by Tesla. Our team holds a Master Electrical License as well as advanced credentials from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP).
The electrical equipment we select, delivers durable construction and long-term performance, providing clients years of worry-free operation. Our supply chain affiliates are leaders in electrical innovation and product development, with records of proven manufacturing excellence, such as Tesla, Sol-Ark, and Square D. When possible, we buy American made products.
Our real-world experience safely installing state-of-the-art electrical equipment, and advanced training in ampacity and wire sizing, fault protection, grounding and bonding, and systems integration ensure we deliver our clients safe and reliable electrical work. Our industry partnerships enable us to offer superior products with leading warranties delivering peace of mind.