Ground-Source Heat Pump Installation and Replacement
Need to replace an old air-conditioner, but looking for improved comfort, quieter operation, and the lowest electric bill possible? Exploring the benefits of ultra-efficient ground-source heat pumps for cooling your home?
Home Performance Group LLC is an established, veteran led, and local mechanical firm skilled in advanced geothermal heat pump technologies, offering expert ground-source heat pump installations, replacements, and upgrades. Our team maintains advanced credentials, and the technical knowledge, and experience to correctly size, professionally install, properly repair, and expertly maintain all types and brands of ground-source heat pumps. To explore ground-source heat pump options and heating and cooling loads, Contact our solutions advisor today.
Click below to explore other cooling services we offer:
Home Performance Group LLC delivers world class geothermal heat pump systems:
- Water-to-water ground-source heat pump installation and replacements
- Water-to-air ground-source heat pump installation and replacements
- Combination ground-source heat pump installation and replacements
- Direct exchange ground-source heat pump installation and replacements
- Geothermal earth loop installation and replacements
- Ground-source heat pump flow center installation and upgrades
- Hydronic air-handler installation and replacements
- Geothermal heat pump safety inspections
- Geothermal heat pump preventive maintenance
Key Benefits of Ground-Source Heat Pump Installation or Upgrade:
- Multifunctional use – can be used for air-conditioning, space heating, and hot water production
- Provides generally fixed-price energy cost over the life the system due to stable ground-temperatures
- Installation cost is the same as a high-efficient comfort system – (with current 30% federal tax credit)
- Receive reduced electric rates and special winter pricing – (available from most electric utilities)
- Virtually all hot water is made for free, further reducing home energy use by an additional 10-15%
- Compatible with chilled ceilings and radiators – (water-to-water units equipped with advanced controls)
- Very quiet operation owing to insulated cabinets and ECM fans – (as low as 51 decibels)
- Ultra-low operating cost from extreme Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) – (up to 3x better than federal minimums)
- Pay-off home loan faster by investing utility savings into mortgage principal payments
- Design flexibility afforded by multiple unit configurations – (water-to-water, water-to-air, direct exchange split)
- Heat pump technologies are critical to U.S. electrification efforts and renewable energy
- Environmentally safer due to zero emissions and a factory sealed refrigeration circuit
Geothermal Heat Pump – Did you Know
Ground-source heat pumps (GSHPs), commonly referred to as geothermal heat pumps, are the apex of energy efficient technology, and considered a clean, mature, low risk technology, delivering cost-effective heating and cooling. The United State Department of Energy (DOE) states GSHPs are a highly efficient, renewable energy source becoming widely accepted for both homes and businesses. Geothermal systems are effectively a solar technology, transferring thermal energy into the earth during the summer and extracting absorbed and stored heat out of the earth in the winter. Heat transfer versus heat production is one-way geothermal heat pumps achieve such astounding reductions in energy use. The DOE finds GSHPs use 72% less energy compared to traditional air-conditioners, and 44% less electricity compared to air-source heat pumps (ASHPs). Additionally, research published in Applied Energy, finds geothermal heat pumps have the lowest emissions when compared to any other residential air-conditioning and heating sources, making them the most environmentally responsible cooling, heating, and hot water production choice currently available.
The inflation reduction act of 2022 extended the Energy Investment Tax Credit for select home improvements. The tax credit offers a 30% federal tax credit for ground-source heat pump (GSHP) projects installed before 31 December 2032, and is reduced to 26% in 2033, 22% in 2034, sunsetting altogether 31 December 2034. The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) finds ground-source heat pumps are a relatively inexpensive heating and cooling system. When considering the Energy Investment Tax Credit, geothermal heat pumps are already at price parity with conventional high-efficient air-conditioning and heating systems. Happily, a large portion of initial installation cost, namely the ground, or earth looping, are a one-time cost due to heat fusion installation methods and 50-year pipe warranties. Meaning, when the geothermal heat pump unit reaches end-of-life and requires a replacement, the cost will be a fraction of the initial installation cost because the earth loops are already in place and usable.
LEARN MORE, CLICK BELOW on our published articles on ground-source heat pumps:
Our team advocates for geothermal heat pump technologies, and leverages advanced credentials and real-world installation experience to deliver world-class heating, cooling, and hot water systems. We receive more than 40 hours per year of above-industry-standard mechanical training including geothermal earth loop installation and fusing, ground-source heat pump sizing, installation, commissioning, and diagnostics. Finally, our team maintains a Master Mechanical license as well as Department of Natural Resource Ground-Source Heat Pump License, offering clients confidence in our work and peace of mind in our installations.
When selecting ground-source heat pumps, we choose products delivering a proven track record of reliable operations, durable construction, and ultra-high efficiencies. We regularly assess the performance of our existing product lines while continuously exploring emerging geothermal heat pump techniques and technologies. Our supply chain partners are industry leaders in ground-source heat pump innovations, and manufacturing excellence, such as Carrier, and Enertech. When possible, we buy American made products.
Uniting the skills and experience of our talented team, with cutting-edge ground-source heat pump technology, allows us to deliver heating, cooling, and hot water solutions at the apex of comfort and efficiency. Our careful product selection provides quiet, reliable, and energy saving solutions, that achieve all client goals.