Air-Source Heat Pump Installation and Replacement
Need to replace a failing furnace or air-conditioner? Exploring the advantages of high-efficient air-source heat pumps? Looking for improved humidity control, more even indoor temperatures, and quieter operation? Like the idea of a dual fuel comfort option with back-up gas heating?
Home Performance Group LLC is an established, local, veteran led, mechanical firm skilled in advanced heat pump technologies, offering skilled air source heat pump installations, replacements, and upgrades. Our team possesses the professional credentials, technical programming skill, and real-world experience to correctly size, properly install, correctly repair, and expertly maintain all types and brands of air-source heat pumps. To learn more about air-source heat pump options and heating and cooling loads, Contact our solutions advisor today.
For the quickest service give us a call:
Click below to explore other heating services we offer:
Home Performance Group LLC delivers quality repairs for all heating systems:
- Gas furnace installation, replacement and upgrades
- Electric air-handler installation, replacement and upgrades
- Air-source heat pump (ASHP) installation, replacement and upgrades
- Ground-source heat pump (GSHP) installation, replacement and upgrades
- Duct-less mini split heat pump installation, replacement and upgrades
- Gas boiler installation, replacement and upgrades
- Gas combi-boiler installation, replacement and upgrades
- Radiant heated floor installation
- Heating equipment safety inspections
- Heating system preventive maintenance
- Gas combustion analysis and tune-up
Key Benefits of Air-Source Heat Pump Installation or Upgrade:
- New unit with craftsmanship installation eliminates inconvenient breakdowns and costly service calls
- Versatile and multifunctional – can be used all year long for both space heating as well as cooling
- Reduced utility bills owing to higher efficiency ratings of heat pump technology – (up to 2x federal minimums)
- Quieter operation owing to ECM driven fan motors achieving decibel levels as low as 58 decibels
- Eliminate gas bills for heating with super-efficient all electric heat pump system
- Safer operation by eliminating carbon monoxide by products and risk associated with burning gas
- Environmentally safer due to zero gas emissions or burning by products
- Receive preferential electric rates and special winter pricing – (available for most all electric homes)
- Installation cost is nearly the same as a gas furnace or air-conditioner – (accounting federal tax credit)
- Equipment warranties offer peace of mind from parts repair costs – (usually 5 to 10 years)
- All-inclusive options deliver routine maintenance and labor coverage for repairs – (3 to 10 years)
- Longer equipment life expectancies up to 20 years with regular preventive maintenance
- Reduced risk of electrical surges with quality equipment surge protection device
- Heat pump technologies are integral to US electrification efforts from fossil fuels
- Lower carbon footprint by eliminating combustion by products of burning natural gas or propane
Air-Source Heat Pump – Did you Know
The United States Department of Energy (DOE) finds air-source heat pumps (ASHPs) can deliver up to three times more heat energy than electrical energy consumed, making them a very efficient form of home heating and cooling.
Today, ASHPs have been successfully used in nearly every climate zone in the United States. Early models of air-source heat pumps suffered from capacity loss, or efficiency degradation during cold temperatures. These losses forced early adopters of air-source heat pumps to switch on auxiliary, or back-up, heat sources during very cold temperatures, which negated the purpose of the heat pump. Over time air-source heat pumps fell out of favor, both with contractors, and consumers. However, recent improvements in heat pump technology, namely compressor and refrigerant metering technologies have solved the capacity and efficiency loss problems suffered by older heat pumps. Many new air-source heat pumps switched from single stage scroll compressors to variable speed rotary compressors coupled with actively controlled electronic expansion valves (EEVs). These technological changes have substantially improved heat pump’s ability to extract heat from even frigid outdoor temperatures. Some brands achieve full 100-percent heating capacity down to exterior temperatures as low as -22oF. Research and field assessments published by American Council for Energy Efficient Economy (ACEEE) found air-source heat pumps delivered winter space heating savings of up to 65% compared to gas burning or conventional forms of heating.
Heat pumps energy efficiency is measured by two metrics, one for heating efficiency, the other determines how efficient a unit is during cooling. Heating Season Performance Factor (HSPF) measures the average amount of heating produced over a season to the quantity of electricity consumed by the heat pump. Whereas Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) measures the amount of heat removed from a home over the cooling season by the amount of electricity used by the heat pump. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) requires manufacturers to display HSPF and SEER on the yellow energy guide labels found on each piece of equipment. Labeling ensures consumers know what they are buying and empowers buyers to compare various products based on estimated annual operating costs. The higher the HSPF and SEER the more heating or cooling a unit provides for the same amount of electricity consumed, or the same amount of heating and cooling produced for less electricity used. The United State Energy Information Administration (EIA) states, in 2023 the DOE raises the minimum efficiency standards for new heat pumps and air-conditioners. The new federal minimums increase from 13 to 14 SEER, while the HSPF goes from 8.2 to 8.8.
Finally, the Inflation Reduction Act, provides up to $2,000 in federal tax credits for installation of proper sized high-efficient heat pumps. Air-source heat pumps meeting certain energy efficiency thresholds qualify, with low income homes qualifying for as much as $8,000.
LEARN MORE, CLICK BELOW on our published articles on home heating and technologies:
For the quickest service give us a call:
Our team embraces emerging heat pump technologies, and endeavors to deliver high-performing heating and cooling systems poised for the future. We leverage our advanced heat pump training, and knowledge of quality standards to deliver installations integrating industry best practices. Our team receives more than 40 hours a year of above-industry-standard mechanical training including air-source heat pump sizing, installation, commissioning, and repair. Finally, our team maintains a Master Mechanical license offering our clients confidence in our work, and peace of mind in our installations.
When selecting air-source heat pumps, the products we choose have proven track records of reliability, performance in cold climates, and a reputation for delivering all-year comfort. We regularly assess the performance of our heat pumps products while continuously exploring emerging technologies. Our supply chain partners are industry leaders in air-source heat pump product development, and product manufacturing excellence, such as Carrier. When possible, we buy American made products.
Our team’s commitment to ongoing technical training, and unique knowledge in air-source heat pumps enables us to deliver best-in-class heating and cooling systems. Coupled with well chosen products, our heat pump solutions deliver a comfortable, durable, and energy saving solution that achieves all client goals.
Featured Service Areas:
North Kansas City