Had a bad experience with a discounted maintenance special? Concerned low priced maintenance offerings are not providing industry standard service? Want to protect the integrity of your existing equipment warranty? Previous contractors not providing you a completed checklist for the maintenance services they rendered?
Home Performance Group LLC is a veteran owned, local contracting firm delivering total home solutions including comprehensive preventive maintenance services for heating, air-conditioning, electrical, and plumbing. Our team possesses the technical skill, and applied experience to maintain multiple professional licenses and advanced certifications. Maintaining demanding credentials provides our clients peace of mind in our expertise to safely inspect, test, clean, maintenance and repair any mechanical, electrical and plumbing system. If you need regular expert preventive maintenance services for your home, contact our service team today!
For the quickest service give us a call:
Home Performance Group LLC delivers expert routine maintenance services for:
- Gas furnaces
- Electric air handlers
- Air-source heat pumps
- Ground-source heat pumps
- Ductless mini-splits
- Packaged units
- Water Heaters
- Electrical systems
- Solar systems
- Plumbing systems
- Advanced septic systems
Preventive Maintenance Benefits:
- Protects families – inspection and testing confirm there are no existing dangerous or potentially lethal conditions
- Improves comfort – equipment adjustment and cleaning ensure system operates at optimal performance
- Enhanced home health – cleaning parts in contact with air or water ensures safer home environment
- Safeguards integrity of any existing manufacturer warranties – through regular documented maintenance
- Stops expensive emergencies by proactively changing high use, high wear components, prior to failure
- Saves homeowners money – fewer large expensive repairs or after hour emergency visits
- Returns equipment to good working order – through inspection, testing, cleaning and preplanned repairs
- Extends equipment life – identifying weak components for targeted preplanned preventive replacement
- Preserves home value – industry compliant maintenance prevents homes from falling into disrepair
- Averts catastrophic damage – testing parts are within specification, not damaging interconnected components
- Lowers utility bills – component testing, preventive parts replacement ensure equipment uses the smallest amount of electricity or gas to operate
Home Maintenance – Did you Know
The International Code Council (ICC) is an organization that develops and produces model building codes worldwide. In the United States, the I-codes are adopted by state, and local Authority Having Jurisdictions (AHJs) creating the foundation for codes enforcement and building inspections. ICC publishes and updates the International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC) on a three-year cycle. The IPMC applies to existing homes and establishes the minimum maintenance requirements to safeguard the health and well-being of occupants, while protecting equipment, systems, and property. The IPMC covers heating, cooling, ventilation, lighting, plumbing, and electrical systems. In addition to the IPMC, many industries publish detailed maintenance standards for the performance of system inspection, testing and cleaning tasks which are the foundation of preventive maintenance. These industry standards generally supplement requirements outlined in the IPMC. One such example is the heating and cooling industry. Air-Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) writes all technical standards for design, maintenance, installation, testing, and performance of indoor heating, air-conditioning, and ventilation systems. ACCA Standard 4 is the industry guideline for residential maintenance of heating and air-conditioning systems.
Any contractor offering preventive maintenances services should be following the International Property Maintenance Code, as well as industry specific maintenance standards. Unfortunately, nearly all code enforcement, particularly inside homes, are focused on building inspections during initial construction. Few AHJs enforce property maintenance, and almost none oversee heating, cooling, electrical or plumbing preventive services. This leaves many new owners unaware of the need to perform preventive maintenance on critical, often high use systems.
LEARN MORE, CLICK BELOW on our published articles on home maintenance:
Home Performance Group Preventive Maintenance Options
Our maintenance options are varied based level of care and frequency of service. We offer one-time service for a single piece of equipment up to comprehensive maintenance covering most expensive high use home equipment throughout the year. All our maintenance options include multi-point inspection, testing, cleaning, and recommendations.
One-time Maintenance Options for:
- Gas Furnace Only
- Air-Conditioner or Air-Source Heat Pump Only
- Ground-Source Heat Pump only
- Water Heater Only
- Combustion Analysis and Gas Tune-Up
- Electrical System
- Solar System
- Plumbing System
- Advanced Septic System
- Ductwork Cleaning
Preventive Maintenance Agreement Options:
In addition to one-time maintenance for single pieces of equipment, we offer comprehensive maintenance programs servicing multiple pieces of equipment throughout the year. Our all-inclusive preventive services are focused on maintaining expensive high use equipment and home systems. In order to deliver added peace of mind, many of our programs offer inflation price protection, repair discounts, and purchase accrual rebates. See below to find a program right for you!
For the quickest service give us a call:
How to Choose a Skilled Maintenance Contractor Without the Gimmicks:
All clients rightfully expect, and many unfortunately assume all contractors are professionally licensed, possess an equivalent body of expert knowledge, quality of workmanship, and client protections. Regrettably, like so many other homeowners, our experience conflicts with that assumption. We recognize the challenges and uncertainty customers face in choosing an honest, reliable, and skilled contractor. Below are some considerations we advocate weighing when evaluating a potential service contractor, or maintenance provider:
- Maintains valid contractor licenses for proposed service – (building, electrical, plumbing, septic, mechanical)
- Sustains a reputation of excellent service and satisfied clients – (total number and average rating of reviews)
- Preserves accreditation through the Better Business Bureau and upholds an A+ rating
- Delivers a written contract with detailed scope of work and fixed price – (what is included and standards)
- Serves as an industry leader by actively participating in industry improvement through professional publication
- Retains comprehensive insurances – (shields client from liability of property damage and personal injury)
- Participates in regular continuing education demonstrating commitment to industry best practices
- Offers a variety of service options and levels of care:
-One visit per year for single piece of equipment – (single payment)
-Up to three visits per year for multiple home systems – (option for monthly subscription option and discounts)
Top of mind for our team is delivering system maintenance complying with industry standards, but more importantly, that produces tangible benefits from routine preventive services. Our team offers clients diverse options, expert recommendations and first-class maintenance services. We receive more than 100 hours per year of above-industry-standard training, to ensure we retain our technical expertise, while continuing to deepen our industry knowledge. Finally, our team maintains numerous Master level licenses across all trades offering our clients confidence in our work and peace of mind in our inspection, testing, diagnostics, and repairs.
During preventive maintenance, our team possesses the research capability to successfully cross reference, and procure, difficult out of manufacture replacement components. When possible, we recommend superior non-OEM parts that demonstrate enhanced reliability and safety, supplied by industry leading manufacturers with a track record for product excellence. When possible, we buy from American manufacturers.
Taken together, our team delivers clients, comprehensive industry compliant maintenance solutions, integrating best practices. With judicious equipment selection our solutions deliver durable, and reliable services.
Featured Service Areas:
North Kansas City