Ductwork – Lawson
The homeowner contracted us to install a new geothermal heating and cooling system and ductwork. We began by conducting a heating and cooling load calculation. We properly sized the heating and air-conditioning system based on the homes unique load characteristics, taking into account orientation, windows and doors, insulation levels, and home air-tightness. Next, we sized and designed the ductwork system to match the equipment. Our craftsman fabricated, assembled, supported, air sealed, and insulated the entire ductwork system. The air sealing will ensure more even temperatures, less humidity control problems in the summer, and lower energy losses through unconditioned air infiltration into the ductwork. Although the ducting in this home was installed within the conditioned building envelope, the entire supply ductwork was insulated. Duct insulation will prevent potential condensation issues during air-conditioning which could lead to mold. Additionally, duct insulation ensures maximum comfort to room occupants by delivering the heated or cooled air to a space without heat losses in the winter, or gains in the summer.
- Work completed in 10 days
- Ductwork sized in accordance with ACCA Manual D
- Custom air filter box and plenum
- Whole home dehumidifier ducted to system duct with damper
- 72 feet of metal main duct trunk
- 16 metal branch supply ducts
- 54 feet of metal return trunk
- Air sealed all duct connections, joints, and fasteners with liquid-applied duct mastic
- Insulated all ductwork and taped all seams
Building a new home and desire the best comfort possible? Want to ensure your ductwork is properly sized, sealed and insulated to prevent noise, comfort, or health problems? Contact us today!
For the quickest service give us a call:
Featured Service Areas:
North Kansas City